Business Mileage Tips
Mileage Tracker provides an easy way for motorists to maintain mileage and maintenance records for their cars and motorcycles. For individual vehicle owners we provide all the records online through an online log book. For Small Businesses and self-employed, we provide business mileage log which will enable you to track their vehicles for fuel efficiency and other operational management services. Our fleet management services provide you with a full suite of services for fleets consisting of passenger vehicles right through to heavy commercial vehicles like trucks. The following are a few simple ways for businesses to increase their mileage and fuel efficiency:
- Unload- The lighter your vehicle the more will be the fuel efficiency. Throw away all the unnecessary things sitting in your vehicle’s boot
- Manage tyre pressure- Don’t forget to check the tyre pressure at regular intervals. Reduced tyre pressure leads to higher fuel consumption
- Slow down-Speeding reduces fuel efficiency as the engine has to push through the wind. Drive at optimum speed limits
- Smooth operation- it is not advisable to handle accelerators and brakes roughly
- Keep windows shut- Open windows causes drag and hence increases fuel consumptions.
- Service the engines and clean the filters at regular intervals.
- Choose your routes carefully to avoid slowing down due to traffic and congestions.
- Don’t circle in at parking lots. Choose a smart spot to park which involves less roaming around.
Apart from all these, the best way to improve fuel efficiency is through our Business car mileage log and motor vehicle tracker solutions by choosing Business plan. You can take advantage of tax deductions for self-employed and claim business mileage with complete details your accountant needs for filing tax returns. By knowing the cost of running cars, vans and trucks, you can provide accurate cost estimation and improve your profit margins.